About this blog

My favorite recipes - some are mine, some from friends, and some I've found and just admired. Oh and see the ladies above? The cute chick second from left named Mildred is the lady who helped me learn to cook -- my mom.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Melissa's Chocolate Chip Cookies






I asked my friend Melissa for the recipe to make her delicious chocolate chip cookies. She not only gave it to me, but she gave me baking instructions in such a way that I was able to make them perfectly. That's what I need -- tell me exactly what to do and I'll get it right. And now I share the recipe with you.  I guarantee that if you follow these directions you'll get crispy edges, chewy centers, and  perfectly delicious cookies.


Melissa’s Chocolate Chip Cookies

-Leave the butter out for at leat 30 minutes to get it to room temp before starting - and the eggs, too, should be room temp.
-preheat oven to 375
-Cream 2 sticks of butter
with 3/4 cups white sugar and
3/4 cups of light brown sugar

mix in an electric mixer with the paddle attachment (if you have one) or a regular mixer
-beat it until it's creamy and light

 Add in sugars and 1 tsp vanilla until light and fluffy

add 2 eggs, one at a time.

While that's beating, combine

2 1/4 cups flour with 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp salt

turn your mixer down to low and
slowly add the flour mixture (dry ingredients)
and the the bag of chips (and anything else you want like nuts, etc.)

and stop mixing as soon as everything is incorporated
and then using a tsp scoop out blobs and put them on an ungreased cookie sheet3 or 4 across

cook for 9 - 11 minutes until slightly brown on edges

and then take out, put on cooling rack and
Voila!
the perfect cookie.  It is, absolutely.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try these. I am not happy with my current one anymore!

    ReplyDelete